10.14.2007

Today was a Great Day

To premise this post, Let me describe to you last Sunday:

I was really excited about getting to go to this church that some friends of mine had reccommended that meets only a few blocks from where I live. I had gotten on the website and it looked awesome, and I really couldn't wait to go and meet people who love Jesus, because up here they're few and far between. I had gone to one of their small groups that Tuesday, and I hate to say it, but it was really really disappointing. Let's just say that there was absolutely NO community within this group. So I was really hoping that the church would be better.

I got there and sat down and waited for worship to start. When it did, I didn't know a single song. I desperately wanted to worship the Lord, and I hadn't been able to just stand and belt out a worship song for over two weeks, so I was crushed when I didn't know the music. And it didn't help that the band's music style wasn't really conducive to newbies to really get into it. Then the message was delivered by a visiting pastor, and it just wasn't cohesive and didn't really seem like it made a good point. It was all over the place.

I went home that day crushed. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sitting with all of my roommates in our living room watching TV. I never watch TV. I hate TV. I feel completely unproductive if all I have done in an afternoon is watch TV.

So that was Last Sunday. Now we'll talk about This Sunday:

I woke up this morning and got ready for church. I had originally planned on going to visit another one, but at the last minute, I decided to try NCC one more time. I got there just as the band was starting to play. I found a seat, and stood waiting for the words of the worship song to pop up on the screen. When they did, I immediatley started to cry, because I knew the song! And I knew every song they played for the entire set! I was overjoyed!

Up until now, I have never fully appreciated how much I NEED to worship God. I don't simply like to sing, and therefore enjoy singing worship songs. It is something that I must do. The reason that I cried this morning, was because for over 2 weeks I have been desperate to worship God through music, but I haven't been able to. I don't have my guitar, so I can't sing every day like I do at home. This morning, I was able to sing out with everything that I am that Jesus is Lord! It is a privelege that I have under-appreciated up until now.

I realize that for many of you, worship is not nearly as important to you as it is to me. Each of us have different ways that we hear from/spend time with/enjoy/praise/be with the Lord. Stuff like prayer, journaling, reading the Bible, or worship. Each of these things is good, and everyone should do them. But the way that I connect to the Lord the most is through worship. That is the best way for me to experience His presence. God is simply amazing! Amazing!!!!

Anyway, I love you all!

~Courtney

No comments: