10.04.2007

Just another day in the office...

So today was super exciting. I wore my jeans and Chaco's to work. Yes, you read that correctly. It was fantastic. Especially considering that after only a few days of wearing my "cute" work shoes, I have blisters! Hallelujah for Bandaids!

Today was cool because I got to go down with my supervisor to the conservation labs they have in the museum. Way awesome! I also relearned all of the parts of a sailing ships rigging, so that I won't look like an idiot while I'm working with the ship models. The conservation lab was pretty cool. They were cleaning all sorts of cool things, most of which are maritime objects and are for the new maritime exhibit that I will be helping to work on. Pretty nifty.

We also examined a newly acquired painting under black light to see how much of it was original, and how much of it wasn't. What a day! And I got to have lunch with two retired Navy guys. One was a submarine admiral during the cold war, and the other was a sub captain for a long time. It was fun. Me and the old dudes. Surprise surprise.

My walk home was much better today, and I hopefully will have a good evening too. One of my roommates has all of the seasons of The Office, and I consequently am very excited about it! Whoop!

~Court

1 comment:

C-Dub said...

Aww, I'm glad you have a blog. I'll read it every morning when I light the candles that surround your photo on my windowsill.