11.28.2007

A New Fantastic Discovery

Due to the fact that the corner market by my house only stocks one brand of ice cream, my roommates and I have become connisseurs of Ben & Jerry's.

My favorite ice cream flavor has always been Coffee. I really, really love Coffee ice cream. My adoration for coffee flavored ice-cream started when I was really little. My mom always bought vanilla ice cream when I was a kid. On the nights she would let us have some after dinner, I would always pour a little coffee on mine. I can't remember if it was my mom's idea first, but either way, that has forever influenced my love for ice cream.

So, anyway, I assumed that my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor would be coffee too. And up until two days ago that was the case. You see, only one of the corner stores within a mile radius of my house has coffee ice cream. It also happens to be the one that you don't want to walk to once it's dark. This poses a problem now that thanks to Daylight Savings Time I don't get off work until it's pitch dark. So, instead I am forced to purchase my ice cream from the safe, well-lit corner store that's on my way home.

Since this corner store doesn't have coffee ice cream, I have to pick other flavors to try. I have tried several, but none have been as delicious as the flavor I purchased on Monday. At first I was completely skeptical of this new flavor. There was no way it could taste as good as the real thing. But that was before I tried it.

For the first bite I made sure to get some of the crispy sugar crystals with the ice cream. I put the spoon in my mouth, and suddenly there was an eruption of flavor. The pure amazingness of a delicious creme brulee suddenly coated my tastebuds with joy. I have never experienced anything like it. It was absolutely FANTASTIC!

So, my point is that you should definitely go try Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee ice cream. It's absolutely A-mazing! Happy Ice-cream-ing!

1 comment:

Tromping Scribe said...

Half Baked is the best flavor! MMM!!